It is not easy to convey the level of energy and emotion of an in-person event in virtual format, but our 2021 SCI Idealist Award presentation last week delivered a powerful emotional experience. Clearly that was driven by the compelling words from our award recipients and the moving introductions.
The Idealist presentation was a great conclusion to our highly successful virtual Social Capitalist Luncheon Series. Throughout the series, we heard from a great lineup of speakers that provided important insights as to how we can leverage our collective social capital in support of healthy, equitable communities.
We also had a chance to share recent SCI highlights, and raise over $80,000 to carry out our mission. Thanks to all of you who supported this event!
Learn more about our 2021 Idealists:
- Betty Francisco, CEO Boston Impact Initiative and Co-Founder, Amplify Latinx and Latina Circle
- Paul Francisco, Chief Diversity Officer and Head of Workforce Development Programs at State Street Corporation
- Yolanda Coentro, President and CEO of the Institute for Nonprofit Practice (INP)
View the series in its entirety:
- May 27 — Social Capitalist Panel Discussion: explored how social capital intersects with the crucial equity issues our communities face.
- June 3 — Presentation of the Connect for Community Impact Award by Eastern Bank: Mayor Yvonne Spicer accepted the award for the City of Framingham.
- June 10 — Presentation of the 2021 SCI Idealist Awards, with remarks from each of the recipients.