About SCI AmeriCorps
Positions Available in September 2020!
The SCI AmeriCorps program supports youth success by increasing volunteerism and providing leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. The goal of the SCI AmeriCorps program is to connect youth with relationships, experiences and resources they need to succeed. Members implement volunteer outreach and capacity building activities that increase volunteer participation, and provide leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. Since 2007, SCI AmeriCorps members have served at various host sites, who are aligned with the mission of Social Capital Inc.
SCI AmeriCorps members are placed into one of two teams, Volunteer Outreach Coordinators and Youth Leadership Coordinators. SCI AmeriCorps is currently looking for candidates to fill Volunteer Outreach Coordinator & Youth Leadership Coordinator positions for a 1700-hour service period between September 2020 and June 2021:
Volunteer Outreach Coordinators (VOC) will develop and implement practices for effective volunteer engagement at their host sites by focusing on SCI’s core values of relationship development and nurturing local social networks.
Youth Leadership Coordinators (YLC) will serve as leaders to a youth council, and increase the capacity of host sites to implement social capital building, youth engagement and community service-learning as strategies to achieve high educational outcomes.
Core Service Goals of SCI AmeriCorps Members:
- Developing the next generation of active citizens
- Coordinating community service and civic leadership activities that help young people engage as responsible citizens
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers with SCI’s partners and core communities
- Implementing programs that connect community members to the information they need to access resources and engage in civic activities
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps engages thousands of Americans in service opportunities each year through nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and conservation efforts across the country. Joining AmeriCorps is a way to put your idealism into action. AmeriCorps programs do more than engage citizens to move communities forward, they also serve their members by creating jobs and providing pathways of opportunity for people entering the workforce. Check out the video to learn more!
When you join AmeriCorps, you’ll earn money towards past or future education, learn to be a leader, and gain real job skills. SCI AmeriCorps members build social capital in their communities through civic engagement opportunities, and gain valuable experience in the process.
Available SCI AmeriCorps Member Opportunities
September 2020 – June 2021
Volunteer Outreach Coordinator Host Site Positions:
click on links to access position descriptions
Youth Leadership Coordinator Host Site Positions:
click on links to access position descriptions
- All 2020-2021 Youth Leadership Coordinator positions are currently filled.
- Able to commit to Full-Time service in local communities with diverse residents
- Effective communication skills to conduct community outreach through marketing strategies and civic engagement
- Strong work ethic, collaboration, and time management skills
- Receive a Taxable Stipend of $14,000/year, paid bi-weekly
- Earn a Federal Education Award worth $6000+ on successful completion of service
- Professional Development Trainings
- Eligible for Free Health Care at a no cost premium
- Receive Student Loan Forbearance during active service
Email a cover letter and resume to Philip Gordon at email@example.com, or send via regular mail to: Social Capital Inc., 165 New Boston Street, Suite 233, Woburn, MA 01801
Please note in your cover letter if you prefer to be considered for any specific location or position.
SCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SCI welcomes applications from people with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodations for both interviews and service upon request.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781.935.2244 ext. 3
About Social Capital Inc.
Founded in 2002, SCI’s mission is to strengthen communities by connecting diverse individuals and organizations through civic engagement initiatives. We envision a nation where individuals are strongly connected to their neighbors and play an active role in shaping the destiny of their communities.
What is “social capital”?
The idea of social capital is that our social networks have value. Social capital refers to the collective value of all “social networks” and the impulses that come from these networks to do things for each other . Social capital can be measured by the amount of trust and “reciprocity” in a community or between individuals. Our SCI AmeriCorps members build social capital by connecting community members to the information they need and fostering civic engagement among youth and adults.