Getting to know Friends of the Rafael Hernández School, an SCI AmeriCorps host site
Opportunity to serve with Friends of the Rafael Hernández School in Boston, MA – 2022-2023 Community Engagement Coordinator Position Available
The mission of the Friends of the Rafael Hernández School (FOH) is to support and advocate for the Rafael Hernández K-8 Dual Language School and the surrounding community, and to build capacity for additional programming with a focus on academics and enrichment experiences for students. The SCI AmeriCorps Member will help in the capacity-building so that the school, with the support of FOH, serves as a community hub filled with happy, healthy, brilliantly bilingual-biliterate, creative and community-oriented students.
In the upcoming school year, the SCI AmeriCorps Member will largely be supporting teachers’ research, development and implementation of enrichment programs for the school’s middle school students.
In addition to cultivating community connections, SCI AmeriCorps members will also have access to the following benefits:
- Receive a Taxable Stipend up to $23,000/year, paid bi-weekly
- Earn a Federal Education Award worth up to $6,495 upon successful completion of service that can be used towards past, future or a family member’s* university education (*if you are aged 55 or older at time of service; certain restrictions on family transfers apply)
- 40-hour SCI Member Professional Development Certificate Program: professional development training in Volunteer Management, Building Social Capital, Community Outreach, Youth Development, Project Management, and DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Eligible for Free Healthcare at a no-cost premium
- Can receive Student Loan Forbearance during active service
Apply now for this opportunity to support youth in our communities, grow as an individual, engage volunteers, and create community connections!